Thursday 11 September 2014

Election Stuff

National

A good policy
Boost defence spending by $535 million over four years from Budget 2014.
I think this is good because we could use the money to get better equipment in the military 
A bad policy
Sharing Facilities in schools
That would be annoying for me and my class trying to use the gym is other schools were using it

One that affects me
Sharing Facilities in schools
That would be annoying for me and my class trying to use the gym is other schools were using it


Labour

A good policy
Reduce the average size of secondary school classes from 26+ down to 23,
More one on one time

A bad policy
Free GP visits for people aged 65 and older
most people at that age are rich
That affects me
commit $183 million to a comprehensive Youth Employment Package to ensure all New Zealanders under the age of 20 are in work, education or training. This affects me because this will help me get a job



Internet Mana

A good policy
Turning all sources of power to renewable e.g. waves, wind, hydro

A bad policy
  • Financial Transactions Tax (FTT): This would tax currency speculation which is helping keep the value of our dollar artificially high. As well as gaining revenue this tax would help reduce our dollar’s value thereby increasing income from exports. An FTT would also apply to share transactions, for example as now applies in several European countries.
  • This is bad because this would make the NZ dollar less useful so we will need to use more of it.


Affects me
cheaper universal internet. I am in rimu house and we use a lot of internet so that would make school save money for other things.

words I don't know
Fiscal: Government revenue
Capital: Money
revenue: Income


No comments:

Post a Comment